Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Victoria Sandwich Cake - For High Tea or Any Time!

When my bestmate was in town we hosted many "gatherings" :)  We held a Game of Thrones themed dinner party ( recipes here ), a full Irish brunch with homemade corned beef hash and a hollandaise scrambled egg on english muffins....not to mention tea and mimosas.     However, for me all are in the shadows of our High Tea!

We served amazing teas from Tea and Sympathy in NYC. We had jelly babies, Jammie Dodgers and my bestmate's Mother baked scones from the Tea & Sympathy cook book (which I own)....you could too! Order Cookbook here



When I was in NYC and enjoyed a meal at Tea & Sympathy, for dessert I had the Victoria Sandwich Cake and fell in love!  There is nothing like it :)  So, I attempted to recreate this for our high tea.  I ordered a Cake Pan Set for this event and couldn't wait to use it!






I followed this recipe to the "T"!  As I have stated before, I have spoken with Nikki, owner of Tea & Sympathy personally and she has assured me that I can't go wrong if I follow her recipes :)

Batter made and split into 2 cake pans

Baked until golden and fork has no residue upon insertion

cooling on a cooling rack before frosting and assembling


Assembled Cake with butter cream and raspberry preserves


Cake fit for a Queen!!


This was the easiest cake I have ever made!!  And oh so yummy!

~Happy Husband Approved~
~Ginger Princess Approved~
~High Tea Approved~

No comments:

Post a Comment