Friday, May 9, 2014

Thai Peanut Tofu with Veggies

While my best mate was visiting, I promised 1 vegetarian meal for him and this is what I chose.

I usually  make this with chicken, but decided to try my hand at tofu.  I purchased some extra firm tofu from the local store.  I drained the tofu and placed it on a kitchen towel and pressed it dry to the best of my ability.  I then cut the tofu into strips and placed in a baking pan, pouring the Saigon Sizzle sauce (seen below in picture 2) over the tofu.  I used a knife to spread the sauce on, covered and placed in the fridge to marinate for 6-8 hours.


When I was ready to cook, I cut the tofu into squares and placed in a pan with olive oil and fried it up like I would chicken or beef chunks.  Stir occasionally so that it doesn't stick to your pan.  When the tofu is hot, place your stir fry veggies in the pan and continue to cook until veggies are tender.  I placed a lid on the pan every other time I stirred it.  I didn't want the steam to make the tofu mushy, but I also didn't want it to be dry and stick to the pan.




While the tofu/veggies are cooking, I worked on my Thai Peanut sauce:

I start with 2 Tbsp on Chucky Peanut Butter

Equal parts Soy sauce and Saigon Sizzle or Soy Vay - Veri Veri Teriyaki (choose a sauce you enjoy)

I then add Sriracha to taste - or red pepper flakes if you would rather.

Mix together




I plated the veggies and tofu and dolloped the Thai peanut sauce on top :)


My best mate really enjoyed it!  We mixed the left overs with eggs for breakfast the next morning....delicious.

~Best Mate Approved~
~Meat Eaters Approved~

No comments:

Post a Comment